Friday, November 1, 2013

Life as a Form 4 student

Life as a form 4 student has come to an end a few days ago and I can't help but reflect on the time I spot in school. I'm not gonna lie and say it was peachy all the way. There were times where I felt like it was overwhelming and it took so much out of me  mentally and physically. Sleepless nights to prepare for exams, arguments between  friends, dissapointment when it came to exam results, and most importantly no outlet like I did in the past.
This year has been a year of reinvention and embracing the true me. It has given me the chance to start to realise my true identity. All these years I have been trying so hard to please everyone else and fit the mold that society has set as a rule abiding and bookworm. I have now come to realise that I am no bookworm or science stream student material. Sure.I could scrape an A if i put enough offer but it wasn't me.
Till this very day I have not regreted asking for a change from the teachers. ys. We do get descriminated ,we do get misunderstood as lazy students. There are times when we all feel treated unfairly but with teh support we give each other and words of encouragement. We made it through. I can't even express in words how thankful I am of my friends who stuck by and never gave up on hope.
I believe that God has many reasons when he makes things happen to us. Maybe all these harsh comments are set for me to be more motivated to succeed and prove everyone wrong. Someday, we will make it big. I promise.
Anyway,I now also have an idea of what I want to study in the future and pursue as a career. Its nice having a goal to work towards. It gives me more motivation and determination to make sure I reach it. Hopefully someday I will be able to be a successful interior designer.*fingers crossed*
Last but not least, I have also met,rekindled and gotten closer with my friends. Its been a wonderful year laughing,joking,stressing,crying,studying,gossiping,hanging out and most importantly having a blast. This year has been a year full of laughter and tears of both joy and sadness. Its nice to have a bunch of friends who care and accept you for whoever you are. A big thank you for my dear friends who have put up with my shitty mood swings and terrible attitude.
All in all it has been a year of improvement, empowerment,self discovery and growth both mentally and physically. It might not have been a bed of roses but I it is just a trial we all face in life. I might not like it or think I cannot go through it but God does not create trials that cannot be conquered. Its been a rough year yes but that's how life is. We have to recover and move on strongly.

No comments:

Post a Comment