Friday, December 30, 2011

I'm back from Miri and Brunei for a few days now but I've been a little busy to blog about my trip to Miri and Brunei. Well as I've done last year I went there with my choir for a few performance and concerts. I was really enjoyable and we all had so much fun spreading the joy of Christmas though music.
We set of for Miri on the 15th and it took us around 2 hours to reach Miri. After taking our luggage and everything we set out to meet the organisers for our concert in Miri and they sent us to the hotel by bus. The performance we did was to raise funds for a club. And We did fairly well on both nights.
Brunei was more fun than Miri as it was a different place. It took a while to reach their but we we're all very fascinated by the different cultures and lifestyles they had there. The Brunei performance is in a church to raise funds for a school.Because the currency there was higher the church members there offered to host us at their houses.
There was lots to see in Brunei. We went on a boat ride along Brunei river and it was very nice. The houses there are built on stilts and its all very old. Wonder what happens if someone fat goes in it...Haha then we went shopping and I bought some souveniers.We also had a performance in an open space which is decorated very nicely.
All in all its been a very nice experience going to this two places. I've learnt a few more things and even known a few people in Brunei. haha I hope I can go on like this forever but i guess there'll be a time I need to stop. But till then I will enjoy every moment travelling and singing with my most beloved choir friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment